We expect all students to be in full, correct school uniform at all times whilst on school site.
Skirts must be worn at knee length.
Any items that are not permitted may be confiscated by staff. Any student seen wearing make up/nail varnish will be asked to remove it immediately.
[We will also carry out spontaneous bag checks to ensure that prohibited items are not brought into school.]
The following items may NOT be worn in the academy:
- No coloured or patterned t-shirts or tops visible underneath academy shirts
- No cardigans/jumpers/non-academy tops/hooded tops/sweatshirts
- No PE team tops to be worn other than for PE activities
- No shorts (other than for PE)/cropped trousers/jogging bottoms/jeans/cargo/’skinny’ trousers/jeggings or leggings
- No trainers/canvas shoes/flip flops/Ugg-style boots/other boots
- No coloured or decorated socks or tights
- No brightly coloured headscarves or large/brightly coloured hair accessories
- No hats, gloves, or scarves worn inside the academy buildings
Hair Extremes of style and colour are not acceptable. Minimum of grade 1 and no tramlines or designs. Tramlines/designs are not acceptable in hairstyles, and shaved eyebrows are not acceptable.
Check with the Director of Learning, Guidance & Support if in doubt.
It is essential that correct P.E. kit is worn for all lessons.
Please refer to the Induction Pack and student planner for the full list.
Please note NO jewellery is to be worn for practical lessons for health and safety reasons. Therefore if your child is thinking about getting their ears pierced this must be done at the start of the summer holidays in order in order for the healing process to take place. It is not acceptable to place tape over the earrings; they must be removed.
The only items of jewellery which are acceptable are:
- A small, plain single stud in each ear (to be removed for PE).
If earrings studs are to be worn, must be plain, single, small stud earrings. Students are responsible for the security of their own jewellery.
Please note NO jewellery is to be worn for PE lessons for health and safety reasons. Therefore if your child is thinking about getting their ears pierced this must be done at the start of the summer holidays in order for the healing process to take place. It is not acceptable to place tape over the earrings; they must be removed.
Application FormTo apply for a place at
the new Academy
Lynch Hill ProspectusDownload the
Term Dates 2016/17/18
- Click here to view or download our Term Dates
DfE school performance tables
Click here to view the DfE performance tables
Show My Homework
Click here to view
Show My Homework
Click to view our videos
Learning Alliance Academy Trust
Click for info on our accounts and governors